Suicide Prevention, Substance Abuse, & Psychiatric Emergencies
Disclaimer: Sites listed here are not under the control of Ohio ACEP, and Ohio ACEP takes no responsibility for the content or information contained on those other sites. Ohio ACEP is providing this information only as a benefit and courtesy to those visiting our web site.
If you suspect a patient is at risk for suicide, you can connect them to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org or 1 (800) 273-8255 (not intended for healthcare providers)
Suicide Prevention Resource Center
- General Resources for Emergency Departments
- Caring for Adult Patients with Suicide Risk: A Consensus Guide for Emergency Departments | Full Guide | Quick Guide
- Emergency Department Poster – Is Your Patient Suicidal?
- Continuity of Care for Suicide Prevention: The Role of Emergency Departments
- The Role in Emergency Medical Services Providers in Preventing Suicide
- Suicide Prevention Awareness
- Suicide: What It Is, What To Do
- Suicide and Patients In Your ED
- Suicide and Veterans In Your ED