Ohio ACEP Advocacy Day & Annual Meeting
May 1, 2024
8 am to 4:30 pm
Ohio Statehouse & The Athletic Club of Columbus
- Morning meetings with elected officials at the Ohio Statehouse
- Board of Director & Councillor Elections
- Bylaws Amendment & Vote
- Annual Award Winners Recognition
- ACEP 2024 Update: Things You Did and DIDN’T Know that ACEP is doing for you
Dr. Anthony Cirillo (ACEP Board of Directors)
- Watch Out: Recognizing & Stabilizing the Sick Infant
Dr. Anne Runkle (The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center & Nationwide Children’s Hospital)
- It Takes a Village: Supporting New Parents in the ED
Dr. Alexa Sabedra (University of Cincinnati College of Medicine)
- "Is There Hope, Doc?” Rethinking “Success" in Serious Illness Conversations
Dr. Candace Leigh (Cleveland Clinic Akron General)
- The Data Moving Emergency Medicine into the Future
Dr. James Augustine (Clinical Professor, Dept of Emergency Medicine, Wright State University;
Vice President, ED Benchmarking Alliance)
- Management of the Sexually Assaulted Patient: Laws, Policies, and Reality
Dr. Somy Thottathil (Cleveland Clinic)
- Treating Alcohol Use Disorder in the Emergency Department
Dr. Joan Papp (MetroHealth Medical Center)
- Cultivating Calamity: Beautiful Backyard Plants & Their Toxic Repercussions
Dr. RJ Sontag (Community Health Partners LLC & Mid-Ohio Emergency Services)
2024 Board of Directors & Councillor Elections
The application period for the Ohio ACEP 2024 Board of Directors and Councillor Elections is now closed.
Board Members and Councillors will be elected by ballot by majority vote of the Chapter membership at the Chapter's Annual Meeting on May 1, 2024.
Check Back for information about the Board of Directors & Councillor Candidates.
Board of Directors Elections
- Six (6) Board Members will be elected by the membership to serve a three-year term.
- Current Board members with expiring terms are eligible for re-nomination and re-election.
- Their terms of office will begin at the close of the Annual Meeting at which they are elected.
We are seeking members interested in representing the Ohio Chapter on ACEP Council. ACEP Council is the deliberative and representative body that meets once a year for two days prior to the College’s annual Scientific Assembly (2024’s Scientific Assembly, ACEP24, is planned to be held in Las Vegas, NV on September 27 & 28, 2024). The Council votes on resolutions, elects members to the National ACEP Board of Directors, and ensures grassroots involvement in the democratic decision-making process.
- Seven (7) Councillors will be elected by the membership to serve a 2-year term.
- Current Councillors with expiring terms are eligible for re-nomination and re-election.
All Candidates should plan to register and attend the Ohio ACEP Annual Meeting on May 1, 2024.
The Athletic Club of Columbus
136 E Broad St
Columbus, OH 43215
Directions & Parking Information
Ohio ACEP has discounted room blocks set-up at the following hotels.
Residence Inn Columbus Downtown
36 E Gay Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Room Rate: $164/per night (plus applicable taxes)
Group Rate Reservation Deadline: March 31, 2024
Parking: Valet Parking $35/per night
Make your Reservation at the Residence Inn Online!
Sheraton Columbus Hotel at Capitol Square
75 East State Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Room Rate: $179/per night (plus applicable taxes)
Group Rate Reservation Deadline: April 2, 2024
Check with the Sheraton for Valet Parking Availability
Self Parking is available at the Columbus Commons Garage
Make your Reservation at the Sheraton at Capital Square Online!
Ohio ACEP Annual Awards Program
Know an emergency physician who deserves recognition for outstanding work?
Nominate them for an Ohio ACEP Annual Award!
Ohio ACEP is currently accepting nominations for the following Annual Awards:
- Ohio ACEP Bill Hall Award for Service
- Emergency Physician of the Year Award
- Emergency Physician Advocacy Award
- Emergency Physician Medical Education Award
- Emergency Physician Leadership Award
- Young Emergency Physician of the Year Award NEW!
- Outstanding Emergency Medicine Resident of the Year Award
Nomination Deadline: March 8, 2024
Ohio ACEP Annual Award winners will be recognized at the Ohio ACEP Annual Meeting on May 1.
Click Here to view our previous Ohio ACEP award winners.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the American College of Emergency Physicians and Ohio ACEP. The American College of Emergency Physicians is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Emergency Physicians designates this live activity for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians for a maximum of 2 hours of ACEP Category I credit.