Ohio ACEP is Now Accepting Nominations for Resident Board Member and Resident Councillor
Resident Nominations Wanted for Important Leadership Roles
We're inviting our resident members to represent their fellow EM residents as the Resident Member of the Ohio ACEP Board of Directors and/or as Resident Councillor.
If you're interested in becoming a leader in emergency medicine, this is the perfect first step!
To run for Resident Board Member or Resident Councillor, you must complete a nomination form before July 14, 2019
Resident Board Member
The Resident Representative to the Ohio ACEP Board will serve a one-year term, which will begin at the close of the 2019 Residents' Assembly and will end at the 2020 Residents' Assembly. There are 15 members of the Ohio ACEP Board. Ohio ACEP Board members meet four times per year.
The Resident Representative to the Ohio ACEP Board:
- Gives voice to the interests and concerns of Ohio's EM residents
- Is a voting member of the Ohio ACEP Board of Directors
- Serves as Committee Chair of the Emergency Medicine Residents of Ohio (EMRO)
Ohio ACEP is also seeking a resident member interested in representing Ohio ACEP on ACEP Council, the representative body made up of ACEP's 53 chartered chapters which meets once a year for two days prior to ACEP’s annual Scientific Assembly. The 2019 ACEP Council will be held October 26-27 in Denver, CO. Ohio ACEP has 16 Councillors, with one Council seat reserved for a resident member.
The Resident Councillor:
- Represents Ohio’s emergency physicians on ACEP Council
- Serves as the resident member of Ohio’s Council delegation
- Votes on Council resolutions and ACEP Board candidates
- Learns how to make a positive difference through medical society governance
The Resident Board Member and Resident Councillor will be elected by majority vote of the Chapter's resident members in attendance at the Ohio EM Residents' Assembly, August 8, 2019 in Columbus.
To run for either of these leadership positions, you must be an Ohio ACEP/EMRA member, and it is highly recommended you attend the Ohio EM Residents' Assembly!More Info