Personal Protective Measures Course
The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) is committed to working closely with local jurisdictions to ensure that they have the information and resources needed to properly prepare for and respond to infectious disease outbreaks such as Ebola, and to collaborate with the healthcare sector through participation in regional healthcare coalitions.
ODH is coordinating with the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP) to provide three Personal Protective Measures for Biological Events (PER-320) courses to be offered throughout the state of Ohio. This course will provide students with an overview of personal protective equipment (PPE), and includes an experimental learning activity (ELA) practicing donning and doffing PPE Level C. Additionally, there is a review of the different types of decontamination and an ELA practicing technical decontamination.
These courses will be open for anyone to attend and we encourage you to forward them on our behalf. They are targeted to local public health workers and their partners such as, EMS personnel and other healthcare coalition members.
If you are interested in participating in one of the offered courses, please follow the registration instructions below. The courses will be limited to ~50 participants per course and will be filled on a “first come, first served”. Once you register for the course, you will receive an email to verify you have been approved.
- Have your FEMA SID number and password. You must have a FEMA SID number before you can apply for the class.
- If you need a FEMA SID number, go to: https://cdp.dhs.gov/FEMASID and click “Register for FEMA SID” or click “Forgot FEMA SID?” if you have forgotten your FEMA SID.
- Registering for a FEMA SID number does not register you for this class. You must apply for the class separately.
July 13, 2015
Promo Code: 15-0267 OH8PPMB
Metro Health Old Brooklyn Campus
4229 Pearl Road
Cleveland, OH 44109
July 15, 2015
Promo Code: 15-0268 OH8PPMB
Ohio Emergency Management Agency
2855 W. Dublin-Granville Road
Columbus, OH 43235
July 16, 2015
Promo Code: 15-0269 OH8PPMB
Ross County Service Center
475 Western Avenue
Chillicothe, OH 45601
- Click the “Click Here to Apply for this Course” link above to apply for one of the courses:
- If you have trouble with the link, go to https://cdp.dhs.gov/students, and enter the course code in the Promo Code box. You must enter the promo code exactly as it appears to successfully apply.
- Enter your FEMA SID and password.
- A CDP Training Registration System (TRS) application will open.
- Complete the required fields.
- Click the "Review and Submit Application Now" button.
- Complete the application process by clicking the affirmation checkbox and providing your digital signature by entering your name and FEMA SID password.
- If you encounter any errors during the pilot, please do not attempt to bypass or skip through them. Please document the error with as many details as possible and/or print screen (screen shots) and submit to FEMASIDHELP@cdpemail.dhs.gov so the error can be documented and addressed by the development team. Once the error has been reported, then proceed.
- After you have completed registration, click on the following link to provide feedback on TRS: http://cdp.dhs.gov/shared/surveys/nrt.